Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Briggs is born


Welcome Briggs!!!
 
The real reason I've been so behind on my posts! 
On the morning of July 20th, 2014 I was feeling a little off.  Slight cramping in my stomach and other things but I'll save you the details.  I went in to work, it was keeper appreciation week and I was bringing donuts!  

After about 1 hour of still feeling off, I called my doctor and described my symptoms.  She didn't think my water had broke yet and didn't think my contractions were close enough.  I called my mom however and she jumped in the car and started driving.  Then she called my dad who also jumped in the car and started driving.  Hmmmmm.....  I kept working.  

About 45 minutes later I was having a conversation with a particularly awkward and talkative volunteer and I couldn't focus on anything he was saying.  I decided baby or no baby I was going home.  On the way home I downloaded a contraction timer and my contractions were 1 1/2 min to 2 min apart.  I called the doctor back once I got home and she said to come on in.  

Nicole was camping in the mountains, my parents were 7 hrs away at this point, and all my other plan B's were out of town so we loaded up Evin and his big brother gifts and headed to the hospital. 





















After two hours I was dilated to a 9.5 and no one was any closer to arriving.  Karl was going to have to wait in the hallway with Evin and I was going to be on my own!  

Then nothing..... for 6 hours.  Soon everyone was 10 minutes away and it was time to push.  

Then Briggs made his appearance!








It became pretty clear that Evin wasn't going to leave his brothers side.  He stayed at the hospital until 9pm and was back at 7am the next morning.  





No comments:

Post a Comment